Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Feelin' It

People have been asking me if I'm getting stoked for the trip. Stoked I am, ready I am not.

Mark is back from tree planting! It is so nice to have our leader in the same area code. With Mark's return comes the release of small details that make anal retentives like me happy.

So let me see...some details that I can pass on to you...

This is from an email from Mark, which I'm guessing he pasted from an email he got or that was passed on to him:

Greetings from Raxaul. We are looking forward to the Canadian team arriving in Raxaul on Saturday the 17th July. Sunday 18th will be a rest day & an opportunity to meet folk, attend church, discuss the VBS program and generally relax and settle in. 19-20th July- Preparing for VBS and it can start 21st July and continue for 10 days. .... In addition I have arranged that someone from the team will speak at the English
service on Sunday 25/7/04 and Sunday 1/8/04 ( a 20 minute message suitable for Adults & children). As well as this I will arrange for each of the team members to have a tour of the hospital, go out to a village with the Community Teams to see the kind of work we are doing & to get an idea of village life.


At this point I'm trying to get the small details nailed down for this adventure. It seems that all of my cards expire in August while I'm gone. I also need to get my plate renewal stickers and my drivers license renewed and an e-test for my car. All of that stuff just kinda snuck up on me.

Truthfully there isn't THAT much to do. I think I'm just thrown off by my altered work schedule. One of the other managers at work is on vacation so I'm working mostly closing shifts. Through the week we close at 3am, and then we have to clean. So, lets just say I don't have a lot of motivation to get out of bed during daylight hours.

The End.