Tuesday, June 08, 2004

The Team



I thought I'd let you get to know the rest of the team a little better....

(left to right)

Dylon Nofziger: Dylon grew up in north of Lethbridge, Alberta. He had no electricity or running water. I don't know if they have running water now, but he said that he parents have solar power. He has at least two siblings. He spent part of his highschool years in Oregon, which is where both of his parents are from. Dylon LOVES learning. He is seriously one of the most focused people I have ever met. I'm pretty sure he is a Religion major. He was an RA (residence assistant/advisor) this past school year and will be one this coming year. On the team Dylon is both the medical man and the luggage watcher.

Brian Raidt: Yes Brian is a few years older than the rest of us, but he is still very much a kid at heart. Brian studies art and is darn good at it. He spent eight months in the Philippines on a missions trip and brings a lot of that experience with him to this trip. He is from Goderich, the home of radar. He is a very generous and caring guy. He is also the king of editing and can often be found with someone else's paper and a red pen in hand. On the team Brian is the VBS co-ordinator.

Alaina Frankruyter: Alaina is pretty. We have been told that we will be best friends by the end of this trip by virtue of being the only females on the trip. I think Alaina is studying English at Redeemer. If not, than she should be. She is also quite gifted in the area of Theatre Arts, which could be why she is the teams Drama Co-ordinator. She grew up in Brampton, which she calls India jr, and has endured a lot of ribbing from her neighbours about paying so much to go to India when half of its population lives in her neighbourhood.

Mark Sinke: This man is our fearless leader. And I really mean that he is fearless. He has such a strong trust in God. This could be why he is tree planting in Thunder Bay until one week before the trip, going on the trip, and then leaving us in Hong Kong, where he'll fly on to Japan because he's teaching English there for at least a year. Mark did go to India last year with a group of Redeemer students. They traveled to a different area, but we have been thankful for Mark's experience in the country. He just graduated from Redeemer in May and is from St. Catherines.

Laura Stewart: that's me. I am going into the second semester of my second year at Redeemer. I am a Religion and Theology major and I am minoring in Theatre Arts and Missions. I am a lactose intolerant dairy farmer's daughter with one brother, John. I am from Brighton, which if you travel on the 401 is near the big apple. I am a manager at the Pita Pit in Hamilton. After highschool I spent 5 weeks in Ghana, West Africa on a missions trip with Youth For Christ. I am the teams music co-ordinator.

Simon LeSieur: Simon is coming back for a return engagement at Redeemer. Meaning he's sort of coming back for a fifth year. He'll be picking up some cool extra credits and R.A'ing along with Alaina and Dylon (almost makes me wish I was a first year again). Simon lives with his Mom in London, ON. His Dad lives in Quebec (I think in Montreal). Along with Dylon and Alaina, Simon has been to Amsterdam (and Mississippi?) with Redeemer. He was the Church In the Box treasurer this past year. Simon is also our team treasurer. I think he may weigh the least on the team, so we hope he doesn't blow away with the money.